Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What’s your favorite paranormal?


    Vampires, werewolves, zombies, or how about mermaids?

     If you can’t decide, then PARANORMALCY, a New York Times best-selling young adult novel, is right up your alley. The author, Kiersten White, skillfully weaves a swarm of different creatures together in a story that feels much more human than not. 

     I immediately liked PARANORMALCY's main character, Evie. She has spunk, attitude, and the talent of seeing through a parnanormal’s glamour—a beautiful exterior that hides what is really underneath. Evie’s job is to round up these monsters and have them tagged by the International Paranormal Containment Agency. 

     Things begin to go awry, however, when Evie learns she is being watched by the IPCA because they believe she too is a paranormal--one of unknown origin.

     Add a cute boy, a devious fairy, and a mysterious ruthless killer to the plot, and you have the makings for a great story. 

     I finished the book and handed it to my 14-year-old daughter. She confirmed my opinion when she couldn’t put the book down to come eat dinner. Just so you know, it's not like we were having split pea soup or anything gross like that. It was a tasty meal I'd made. (grin)

     A sequel is coming out soon, and I look forward to reading it. 

     Kiersten is going to be the keynote speaker for a teen writing conference in Utah. If you know a teen who likes to read/write books, and if you live in Utah, check it out at www.writerscubed.com.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lois! thanks for the heads up on the book. it sounds great. I've been telling kids about the conference coming up. I hope it's a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review Lois, the book sounds great, it's going on my list. And now I'm suddenly curious as to what you had for dinner that night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lois, hi. Thanks for being follower no. 400 on my blog! Very cool. I see you've published some short stories. I'd like to do that eventually.

    I love Paranormalcy.

    Denise<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing about the new books out there! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, from your review I can see it being something teens would love. I know it's done very well in the market. Great review ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there. Thanks for the following. Following you now.

    I'm halfway through this book. Kiersten is a peach. She's one of the first writers I interviewed when I started the Graffiti Wall.

    Nice job with this post!

    ReplyDelete

Free Young Adult Novel


Spaces

Stress Management

FREE on Amazon!

Treasure Hunting Stories

Treasure Hunting Stories
Treasure Hunters: A Collection of Short Stories

Tween Book Catalog

For Teen Writers

Twitter Update

My Writing Group

About Me

My Photo

I'm a mom and author, among other things. I enjoy writing middle grade and young adult books.

Followers