Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Teenagers at a mall--their thoughts on books and writing

If you know a teenager who lives in Utah, chances are they will have an amazing time at a writers conference just for them. Register at

Information in a nutshell:

Teen Author Boot Camp
Where: Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah
When: Saturday, April 23rd from 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
(Lunch and parking voucher provided)
Who: Teens ages 13-19
Cost: Before April 9th $39, After April 9th $49

At the conference there will be more than ten different published authors teaching classes that center on creative writing skills such as: plotting, dialog, creating realistic characters, writing with voice, etc.

In conjunction with the conference is a first chapter writing contest. Every teenager can submit the first chapter or first ten pages of a book they are working on or have written. First prize is a $100 gift certificate to University Mall in Orem, Utah.

Cure teenage boredom and pass the good news along!


  1. My sister is actually attending UVU. Wish it was me, I'd pretend to be a fifteen-year-old just to get in :)

  2. Hi Lois, cool video! Found my way here after seeing your comment on LDS Publisher. :-) Nice to meet another LDS YA writer!!! I'll be at Storymakers in May, too - will you? Can't wait!

  3. Oh will pass this along, thanks for sharing! :)


Free Young Adult Novel


Stress Management

FREE on Amazon!

Treasure Hunting Stories

Treasure Hunting Stories
Treasure Hunters: A Collection of Short Stories

Tween Book Catalog

For Teen Writers

Twitter Update

My Writing Group

About Me

My Photo

I'm a mom and author, among other things. I enjoy writing middle grade and young adult books.