Friday, February 11, 2011

Guess Lois' Mystery Sound and Win

First off, here's wishing you all a Happy Valentines day and a big hello to any fellow crusader from Rach Writes. Now, on to business.

As a writer, I hear the same sounds everyday: my fingers typing, my office chair squeaking, and my head hitting the keyboard when I fall asleep.(grin)

One day I started thinking about the rest of you. Are these the same noises you hear too?

Thus was born my Mystery Sound Contest. Each week I will post a sound on my blog that someone who reads or writes books hears a lot. Listen to it by playing the video below and then write your best guess as to what it is in the comments section or you can send me an email at loislane@digis.net.

If you're wrong. . . I'm so sorry. BUT, if you're right then you'll win a weird, random prize. Trust me, these prizes are bizarre. That's the fun of it. If there is more than one person who is correct, I'll select a winner from the correct guesses blindfolded. The contest is open until next Monday, Feb. 28 at midnight.

WEEK #1 BIG PRIZE: Winner will receive in the mail 10 bean seeds that when planted will grow with words printed on the plant. This means you won't have to write words anymore, but you can just grow them.

BIG RULES: You have to be a follower of my blog to win! So click on the follow button right now before you forget.

BIG BONUS: If a new follower to my blog enters the contest, wins, and mentions that you were the one who referred him/her to my blog, then you will win the same prize. That's right. Two prizes will be given away.

What does this mean? This means you should facebook, blog, tweet, or at least send out a few darn emails to your friends and tell them about my blog and the contest. Be sure to tell them to mention your name (or blog name) along with their guess. Remember, you win the prize too ONLY if the person is a new follower to my blog.

Here's the sound. Clear your brain, relax a minute, and then turn the volume on your computer up.

video

9 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog. Great to meet you, fellow crusader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lois ... thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm scratching my head at the mystery sound ... I will have to listen to it another gazzilion times with headphones on, obviously!

    Have a great crusade!

    :Dom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lois! Thanks so much for swinging by and introducing yourself. It's great to meet another Crusader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome contest idea. I listened to the sound, but I think my cold is distorting anything that enters my ear. Maybe I'll try again another day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, that sound seems very familiar but I just can't quite place it. Something to do with the computer? I'm so visual I'm not as good at sounds. At any rate, thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Lois, I'm following you back from the Shade. I'm not good with recorded sounds so I'll let the others guest. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea for a contest. I have no idea what the sound is though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, thanks for stopping by! I've enjoyed your blog, and am particularly impressed by the research you've done into e-books. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lois! Popped on over from the Crusade. So glad you stopped by my blog as well. Ok - I'm probably WAY off, but this is what came to mind.... a can opener opening a can. I don't know why...but there you go. :) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Free Young Adult Novel


Spaces

Stress Management

FREE on Amazon!

Treasure Hunting Stories

Treasure Hunting Stories
Treasure Hunters: A Collection of Short Stories

Tween Book Catalog

For Teen Writers

Twitter Update

My Writing Group

About Me

My Photo

I'm a mom and author, among other things. I enjoy writing middle grade and young adult books.

Followers