In part jest, some have said my group must be the unluckiest bunch of people around. Others have told me to get out before it’s my turn. I don’t believe either.
What I do believe is that in life things happen for a reason. I believe before we came to earth that we chose those people with whom we would share joy, love, and yes, sorrow. I feel very blessed to have been hand picked by my two friends to be a support to them in times of trial.
And, since this is a blog about writing, I will say that grief, sadness, and pain are exceptional teachers in learning how to become great authors. What better way is there to explain those same emotions in our characters than to have felt them for ourselves? And despite the amazing publishing contract we all want, for most of us, writing is about understanding life. And life is about living. And living is about Happiness. Heartache. And, most importantly, healing.
- ► 2013 (22)
- ► 2012 (14)
- One-stop Blog Contest Information
- Give Maggie Hogarth a Few Hours and She’ll Give Yo...
- One secret, a lie, and a quirk
- In 1517, fifty innocent Aztec slaves were murdered...
- The Blog I Never Wanted to Write
- Guess Lois' Mystery Sound and Win
- Getting To Know You
- Mafia Meets the Fifth Grade
- Cubies Are Special…Wait…What’s a Cubie?
- ▼ February (9)